Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
front_gw

What is comparable to my existing over? Store replacing it

front
9 years ago

I was offered a free replacement for my range. My current range is discontinued. Here it is:

old range

The following ranges seem to be the closest match I could find. Which one should I select or should I keep looking on the Lowe's website?

comparable 1

comparable 2

comparable 3l

comparable 4

comparable 5

This post was edited by front on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 14:52

Comments (9)

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Front,
    Your links are not working in my browser. Can you provide an explanation of why GE is replacing your range? Did you like your previous range? What are your new requirements for a new range? Must you get a GE product as a replacement? Was your previous range gas or electric? This will help the forum members provide better feedback.
    Best of luck!

• front
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK

I fixed the links. Sorry about that. Actually, Lowe's is replacing it as a good faith gesture from issues that resulted from my kitchen remodel. My previous range was damaged during the process. They are replacing it with a similar range. I purchased the original from Sears.

• weedmeister
    9 years ago

I don't have any strong opinions about any of them.

Steam to me is a gimmick, but useful if you bake breads.

Given a choice, I might go for the larger oven size.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Or consider upgrading to induction and pay the difference

When we had leaky "plastic" house plumbing, the company went around the neighborhood and replaced the "plastic" plumbing with a newer "plastic" style pipes. I know they are not plastic and forget what the tech name was called
    I asked about copper plumbing instead and for a couple hundred extra, the whole house has copper plumbing for the incoming water supply.

One of my rules of management- if you don't ask, you don't know the answer.

This post was edited by a2gemini on Wed, Oct 8, 14 at 8:08

• ardcp
    9 years ago

I have a gas ge that we just bought during reno and i like it a lot. i did tons of research and one of the reasons i stayed away from whirlpool/maytag is they seem to have quite a few occurrences of the glass oven door shattering spontaneously in the newer models, possibly the ones with mostly glass door?
    i also got from experts on this site that ge is considered a good choice for stoves; more reliable, etc.
    i was really hung up on the size of the oven but after looking at them in person, they all have only 2 racks so the added size is not overly useful. i really wanted 3 racks but that is quite rare unless you go double oven.

• weedmeister
    9 years ago

a corollary to A2G: If you don't ask the right questions, you won't get the right answers.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Weed- and if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask.
    I like yours better than mine - bottom line -ask

• crl_
    9 years ago

I would definitely ask if you can pay the difference to upgrade to induction. I love my induction range. Check to make sure you have the right amp wiring to the outlet for your range if you decide to go with induction.

When I did my range research a couple of years ago, the whirlpool and maytage models that I was considering had some "new" self cleaning technology that was getting very poor reviews. I don't know if that technology was being used in all their ranges or just the ones I was looking at and I don't know if it is still being used. But I suggest checking that issue out before deciding.

• Caya26
    9 years ago

I would definitely upgrade to induction if it is possible. I have had a GE induction range since April 2013 and love it.
    A breeze to clean (just wipe the stove top with some glass cleaner), the self cleaning feature is great.
    Bakes evenly, liquids boil quickly, heat is uniform. I would never go back to electric.