Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have one of the new Bosch DWs with the 3rd rack?

Posted by lori_inthenw (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 20:44

We went to look at them last weekend. Salesman showed us the difference between how the water was distributed to the third rack (a sprayer on the top of the box?) and how the Miele does it (a separate arm, I think? Anyway, it had a larger diameter and looked like it spun around). I could see the difference, but I don't recall how he explained it. Then he tried to sell us on a Blomberg, which I'd never heard of. He made it sound great, all the great features of the Miele, but less $$, but after getting home and looking into it, we were less convinced. I think we'll go back to the Bosch, but not sure if we should get one of the new models or not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have one of the new Bosch DWs with the 3rd rack?

I was a little surprised (disappointed?) when I realized my Bosch has a fixed sprayer up top rather than a rotating arm like my old 90's era Miele has. In practice however I've not noticed a poorer cleaning performance, and there's the advantage of not having to worry about clearance for that arm in that tight space.

Overall, I'd say my old Miele G865 would give my new Bosch SHX7ER55UC a run for the money - and beat it in some important regards - but he spray arm wouldn't be a factor.

o

Those were the terms I was looking for, thanks! I'm glad to hear you seem satisfied with the performance. I am not very critical of DW performance, and I guess I don't challenge them a lot, but it just isn't going to be a splurge item for me. We are also moving to a more remote location, and I worry about repair service there, another reason not to have as much$ tied up in the thing.

o

The shx68t55uc is a third rack model Bosch. Just make sure you get one with a good stainless panel if you do stainless. As to function I think it works well as long as you use rinse agent and set it on the automatic and santitize settings. It's very quiet and does a good job with very little h2o left in any of the dishes afterwards. It comes with both the third rack and an extra silverware bin in the first rack. I took the silverware bin out after a few days as I don't use it - I just use the third rack.

o

The third rack is the main reason I bought the Bosch for our new build. It did not disappoint and I really like having the silverware so organized. I considered Miele, too, but I got the impression service people for this brand might be scarce in my area.

o

Thanks, Melanie-- glad to know it is working well for you. I thought the silverware-sorting was odd at first, but then as someone else pointed out, you probably either organize it going in or coming out...

o

The sprayer "ceiling shower" works well - here's mine (no third rack). It comes on at 3:15.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch/Siemens Geschirrspüler - Dishwasher: Inside / Offen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here