Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my kenmore pro gas cooktop compatible with Dacor downdraft ven

Posted by linda.b.7942 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 20:29

I'm wondering if I can use the Dacor ERV3615 (downdraft vent) with my Kenmore Pro Series cooktop.
I like that it is 15" high, so I hope it will work. I have some dead space behind the cooktop, if extra space is needed to accomodate vent. If this will not work, does anyone know of another brand of telescoping vent that is okay to use with the Kenmore? I appreciate the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my kenmore pro gas cooktop compatible with Dacor downdraft

You generally have to have a 27" deep cabinet to house a downdraft and a cooktop. If you have that, it's "compatible" per se, but you will still have to install the ductwork to the exterior. And you will be purchasing the least effective vent type that exists, and one of the most expensive.

Overhead venting is always more effective. Look at doing an overhead island vent. It won't be any less money, but it will be 10x as effective.

o

Thanks for your help. I know it's not the most effective, but overhead is not an option. Ductwork with a remote blower will work very well, as it is a short, direct run out.
I just couldn't find any info on compatibility, and of course they advise sticking with their brand. I will have to modify the back of the cabinet I guess. I do have some dead space, so it should be fine.

o

Don't do it!!! Compatibility aside, it's just not going to do what you expect it to do. I have a Dacor downdraft system and a Dacor gas cooktop and it's absolutely useless. It sucks the heat from the gas burners, and it's so noisy you can hardly hear yourself think. In the three years I've had it, I can count the times I've used it on one hand. I'm about to do a kitchen remodel, and I'm keeping the cooktop but ditching the downdraft. I'm still not sure if I can vent to the outside because the cooktop is in an island and I can't go straight up and out. But we're trying to figure out a way to vent up, sideways and then out. It'll require a few bends in the vent, and I have an HVAC person figuring it out for me. But I'd sooner have NO exhaust fan than re-install the Dacor downdraft.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here