Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele DW door replacement

Posted by SimonDemler (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 19:52

Hi all,

I've been lurking in these forums for a while as I'm doing research on kitting out a new house. As it happens our DW has just failed in our old house so I need to replace this earlier than anticipated. Funds are more limited now than I expect them to be in the future so I need to make some choices.

I have an opportunity to purchase a reconditioned dishwasher direct from Miele at a great price but it is only available in white. My preference was stainless steel but unfortunately I can't afford this currently.

My question is this; the white model (G5620SC) is also available in stainless steel (G5620SC CLST) so if I buy the white model would it be possible to replace the door with a stainless steel one when funds become available or is this a crazy idea and the models are completely incompatible?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele DW door replacement

The British versions of Miele may be different but here in the States only the custom panel versions can the door skin be changed affordably.

There is one veteran GW poster from Germany that knows Miele dishwashers really well. Maybe he will come in and confirm or tell you different.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here