Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
awful_service

A & E Factory Service

awful.service
10 years ago

Terrible experience with A & E. Spent four hours last Friday waiting for technician who was supposed to arrive at 1:00 p.m. Showed up closer to 5:00 p.m. then immediately said he was new and didn't have the proper tools, nor would he feel comfortable handling the repair to our gas range since the problem involved the emission of carbon monoxide. Rescheduled for 8-12 this morning, but called yesterday to request closer to 8 than 12 -- given that I already wasted four hours the previous day. Called several times this morning to check on status of technician. Each time was assured he would call when on his way. About 12:15 (outside delivery window) called and was told there was not a technician assigned to my repair job. Another four hours wasted! Asked to speak to manager and was put on hold indefinitely. They tried to get me to reschedule for a third time but I told them no thanks. Customer service folks clearly are outsourced; no one I spoke with had a good grasp of the English language and they seemed to read from scripts rather than converse with me about my problem. NEVER AGAIN.

Comments (8)

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

I honestly think that the only reason A & E stays in business is because the manufacturer warranty service departments continue to use them. After my equally unsatisfying service call (which never actually took place due to their incompetence), I now say, "Send anyone except A & E."

• jwvideo
    10 years ago

There was a thread about A&E that ran here for six years and finally topped out when it hit the 100 post-per-thread limit. The link is below.

If you are looking for further discussion of A&E, there are hundreds of complaints at www.consumeraffairs.com

Here is a link that might be useful: 2006-2012 Thread on A&E

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

Well, now the people with complaints in 2013 and beyond have a thread to go to.

:-)

• User
    10 years ago

I had a horrific experience with A&E too. I get chills just remembering how much time I wasted and how much they sucked.....

Fortunately we have a small local appliance place and once I found out they do warranty work my problems were solved.

I feel so bad for anyone stuck dealing with this company. They were - by far - the most horrible customer NON-service experience I ever had.

When you read the complaints, it baffles me how they stay in business. Clearly the corporate people placing warranty service with this horrible company don't care about their customers!

• llaatt22
    10 years ago

It is probably still a division of Sears, and since Sears, not you, can mostly decide up front or later who will do warranty service on any brand of appliance they intend to sell to you in their stores, that is something to keep in mind.

• jwvideo
    10 years ago

>>> "It is probably still a division of Sears Seems to be worse than that. A&E Factory Service was indeed spun-off from Sears but it is now a joint venture between Sears and Whirlpool. :>0

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears holdings

• GreenDesigns
    10 years ago

"Seems to be worse than that. A&E Factory Service was indeed spun-off from Sears but it is now a joint venture between Sears and Whirlpool."

OMG! The horror! The horror! The two absolute worst customer service businesses join hand? Whirlpool? Yikes! It's a great reason to NEVER EVER buy any Whirlpool/Maytag/Kitchenaid/JennAir etc. They already took the replacement portion of the warranty out of the warranty so your only option is repair, and now they control the "repairs"?

This smacks of the old monopolistic 19th century capitalist companies that were broken up by the Anti Trust legislation.

• llaatt22
    10 years ago

Yikes!
    Know that there was a push on for this idea of a dominant huge stand alone auto warranty service and repair outfit 15 - 20 years ago. Ford tried to get something going in England at the time.
    Guess true believers are still at work on the overall concept.