Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Dishwasher

Posted by laurie_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 19:03

Anyone have a 300 or 500 series and how do you like it?
What are the main differences between these two series?
Are either of these made in Germany?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Dishwasher

I don't own one but

None are made in Germany only the very TOL 800 Plus are made in Germany, not all 800 Plus.

There are 11 300 series models and 5 500 series models. There are some significant differences inside each series. These are made in North Carolina.

Best to read up on Bosch website and narrow it down some and ask more specific questions,

o

Both are made in the US plant and all the Bosch dishwashers germany and US now use the same pump and heating systems.
The biggest difference is the 300 are the Hi-bred tub and the 500 and up are the all SS tub. That and cycle selections.

o

deeageaux - Thanks for your response.
I will narrow it down and come back with more specific questions.

o

jakvis - Thanks for letting me know about the pump & heating systems being the same, now.
I will look in to the different tub materials. Do you have an opinion on which is more durable? Our city has VERY hard water if that makes a difference.
I'll also check out their cycle selections. Off hand, I don't think I'll need/use extra special cycle selections.

o

The tub won't make the difference in washing but the new all SS models are a bigger tub, are quieter with a few more cycles, and better racks.
Both are excellent d/w's and both will do a 160 F wash and rinse.

o

jakvis - Thanks, I appreciate your input. I'm glad you feel both are excellent dw's.
Quieter and better racks would draw me toward the all ss models.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here