Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on rangetops and fridges!

Posted by azheng (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 19:01

We are going to be doing a kitchen remodel soon, and so I've been looking at appliances. We are planning on installing a rangetop, but we're not sure if we want open or sealed burners. The brands I've been looking at for each are Viking, wolf, and thermador for the sealed, and Blue star and capital culinarian for the closed. We are looking to buy a 48 inch range top with 6 burners and a griddle or grill. Aside from looks, what's your experience with these appliances, in terms of usability, power, capabilities, cleaning etc?

Also, I want to buy a column refrigerator and a column freezer. In particular, I'm looking at the Frigidaire pair FPUH19D7LF and FPRH19D7LF, and the Northland pair 30AF-WS-L and 30AR-WS-R (both are around 30 inches). Northland is almost double the price. What's your experience with each? Also, would you recommend any other brand that manufactures columns?

Thanks! Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on rangetops and fridges!

"and Blue star and capital culinarian for the closed"
I meant open burners!
And here are the models i'm looking at:
Open burners:
BS RGTNB486GV1
CC CGRT484B2

Sealed Burners:
Viking VGRT5486Gx
Wolf SRT486Gx
Thermador PCG486GD

o

Range hood?
Make up air? Heat exchanger?(Cold winters? Newer tight house?)
New bigger gas line needed?

o

The range hood isn't as big of a concern for me. I'm mostly concerned about the fridge and range top.

With regards to your other questions, we are doing a complete kitchen remodel (tearing down walls, moving gas, water, and vent lines) so depending on what appliances I end up buying, we can probably accommodate their necessities. That said, do these range tops need special gas lines? I would think that they are all the same.

As always, any advice would be really helpful!!

Thanks,
Austin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here