Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48 range top brand choices

Posted by Mary22wood (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 18:47

We are doing our kitchen and I am struggling with the choice of the 48 range. I read good and bad about all the brands. I would appreciate any comments. We are considering the 48 thermador (18,000 btu all burners). Or the Viking or Kitchen aid which has 15,000 on 5 and 18,000 on 1. The H wants a grill insert and I heard the thermador only has the griddle and it is poorly designed. Any thoughts? Price isn't an issue, quality is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48 range top brand choices

What about Wolf, or Bluestar or CC as other options if price isn't really an option, have you checked out any of those?

o
RE: 48 range top brand choices

Topic says rangetop but post says range.

Rangetop you should look at Capital Culinarian and Bluestar RNB.

Range Capital Culinarian self-clean model or Bluestar Platinum Series.

These are open burner ranges and rangetops like the ones used in restaurants. Powerful and very even heat. Lots of threads on these two brands in this forum and several videos on youtube so you can see how they cook and clean.

Are you looking for a built-in grill or just a grill insert? A grill insert is not much different that just buying a cast iron grill/griddle and placing it on top of two burners. It is just a custom fit. Built-in grills offerings can differ significantly and you will need a more powerful rangehood to accommodate them.

All appliances will have some negative reviews.

None of the premium range companies make their own electronics. They all buy from the same suppliers. They can all have problems that is why they have warranty departments. These companies bend metal.

Of the companies you mention I like Thermador the best because their star shape burner provides better heat distribution than your typical sealed burner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here