Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khillman96

Kitchen remodel

khillman96
11 years ago

I have used these forums for years, but now need to post for assistance on our kitchen remodel.

We are taking the kitchen to the studs and replacing all appliances. I've never purchased anything but replacement appliances, so the options are overwhelming to me. Our goal - good functioning appliances, but don't need or want top of the line. I cook a lot, but nothing that i need special equipment.

Here are my priorities: Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Fridge - Want to spend no more than $1500. Don't want ice and water in the door (we will have an ice maker), stainless - don't have a huge preference on side by side or bottom freezer. Not a big fan of french doors, though.

Double Oven - no idea on brands, I just want it to work correctly. Probably should be in the same suite as fridge since they will be next to each other?

DW - This is important to me, as I can't stand dishes to not be spotless or a noisy dishwasher. Last house we put in a Bosch, and we dealt with a horrible odor if we kept the door sealed. Repair man said that was a common problem? I'd love to have the utility drawer though!

Cooktop - will be gas. Easy to clean, good power - but don't need top of the line. Would like to spend $1k.

Any suggestions for my research will be helpful.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living