Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the Capital Connoisseurian actually exist?

Posted by Cross-Eyed-Cat (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 18:10

Hello! I've been lurking here and trying to absorb the vast volume of information available here as we prepare to build what will likely be my last home ever. I'm sold on the Capital Culinarian cooktop (just got to actually see one in person a couple of days ago), but have been totally torn over whether I could live with a range only or would need to do the rangetop with separate wall ovens. Can't afford to do both. A large proportion of my cooking is on the rangetop, but I also bake all of my own bread, currently in electric wall oven (and much of that inside clay bakers). I have never had a gas oven, so was excited to hear about Capital's reportedly new dual fuel model. However, aside from the press release last year, I can't find any further information. Does anyone here know if it actually is in production?

A secondary concern regarding range only is how LOW the ovens must be ... anyone with opinions on that subject, please chime in!

Thanks so much!!!
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the Capital Connoisseurian actually exist?

Maybe here and more here. Funny Eurostoves wouldn't be first. Maybe these are make believe.

o

Thanks! That's interesting. If you click "Buy Now" at the second link, you're referred back to the first link, so HomeClick (whoever they are) seems to be the only one. Judging from the ad, they don't really know much about them. You'd think that Capital would have some reference to them on their own site, or that Eurostoves would have posted something.

I keep wanting to love the 48" Culinarian range, and DO love the look of it and the burners, but the low (and short interior) ovens keep holding me back. Supposedly, the Connoisseurian is a good 2 inches taller, which would help. May have to end up with rangetop and oven in the end. Of course, then I'll have to research the option of a speed oven as my second oven and I am TOTALLY confused about those. Never thought that buying appliances would be so difficult!!

o

I would favor a rangetop and separate oven anyway as you can pick out the best of each. I would be very careful about buying any oven that has not been tried and true. I am looking to replace my DF range and I can not see enough about this range oven to convince me-too many unknowns. I wrote a few things that concern me on this thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: BS vs CCon.

o

We're putting the Culinarian 6 burner rangetop with seperate dual wall ovens in our new home for exactly the reason wekick states.

This post was edited by DJ493 on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 19:13

o

I own the 48in CC range and a single capital wall oven. For me, the ovens are low on the range, I mostly use the wall oven. Yes, the new DF range is out, call capital @866-402-4600 and they will direct you to a dealer. Remember, this will be new so I don't know how you feel about that. In my honest opinion, the rangetop with double ovens would be a better fit.

o

You all have provided the extra push to make me follow my gut and stick to the 48" rangetop with wall ovens. Now the only problem will be to decide which oven(s).

jcmjcm, are you happy with your Capital wall oven? And what sort of oven user are you? I'm starting to consider Electrolux Icon as a result of my reading on this site, although I have hated every Frigidaire appliance we have ever owned. There are just no easy decisions when it comes to kitchens, are there? Geeze, I considered myself fairly decisive up till now ....

Susan

o

I was looking for a wall oven with rotisserie, that was a must. I bake at least 5-6 times a week! I have 4 kids, husband, mom and father in law. The kids are involved in cooking clubs, track, Girl Scouts n I bake for friends n work. At first I was a little fearful cuz there wasn't enough talk about the Capital Maestro Wall Ovens, but have no fear. It's done a good job on bread, cupcakes, sponge cakes, brownies, chocolate cake, flan, bread pudding and cookies. Rotisserie chickens come out great n the broiler is great. It works with the door cracked open.
I looked at American Range( fearful of not finding svc repair), Wolf( didn't have rotisserie), Gagg(was more costly), Thermador(I read about reliability issues), Miele( cost more and the rotisserie prongs looked small, compared to others).
The Electrolux look beautiful, just make sure your pans will fit and the inside oven height is to your liking.

o

Oh, I forgot to mention the oven racks. There are ovens out there with nicer glides on the racks. Some will have fixed bottom rack. The Capital Maestro comes with 3 racks and 6 rack positions. All racks can be removed and repositioned. This oven also has a Moist Roast feature that you add distilled water into and it will release this water as the roast is in oven for a moist roast. Added feature, I roast without it just fine. Hope I answered moist of your concerns.

o

Like I said we got the Capital Culinarian 36" 6 burner rangetop. After doing a lot of shopping we chose the Electrolux Wave-Touch duel ovens in the 30". We found a great deal at $2500 and we'll even get a $200 rebate on top of that. Bring the cost down to $2300.

o

I got the 48" culinarian (6burner +grill) and wall oven.. for the same reason too, (low oven, and i don't want gas oven) and so far i love it. the range is performing great, and wall oven is perfect height and you don't get too hot around the range when the oven is on.

There are many people on this forum who loves the electrolux wave touch. So I think that's a good choice. Otherwise, I have a wall stack with miele combisteam on top, miele masterchef single oven in the middle, and a miele warming drawer on the bottom. I use the combisteam more more often then the regular oven.. but the masterchef oven does a great job at rotisserie. :)

o

Bumping!!

So has anybody seen an actual Connoisseurian in person or better yet, owns one?

o

I have a 48" in the cooking school, so far its proving to be very good, the burners are well detailed on this site, with the improvement of the small pan burner. the oven cooks as well as the wall oven so that is very solid. Rotisserie is first class.

Hope others will chime in with more personal independent info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here