Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
igniter wiring harness on Kenmore stove

Posted by reddirt (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 17:36

I'm going to take a stab at fixing a non-igniting burner myself due to the high cost of hiring an appliance repair person. I'm wondering if 3 out of 4 burners work, and the broken one works if turned on while another burner is igniting, does that mean that the part I should order is an igniter wiring harness? I'm just guessing this from a youtube video and am not very handy. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: igniter wiring harness on Kenmore stove

Are you saying the burner clicks and lights when selected on at the same time as another burner but won't click and light by itself?
To what Kenmore model range and Youtube are you referring?

Usually better and easier DIY to plan on changing the spark module first, then later the ignitor. That way you at least have some assurance that two of the most troublesome parts are good before you go deeper.

o

It is extremely unlikely that it is the wiring harness, and it can be tested if you can find someone to loan you a multimeter. Make sure you unplug the range before you do anything. Even without a meter, you can still test the harness, and some other items, by swapping. In terms of diagnosis, when you have multiples, you swap one item from the troublesome side and see what happens. So if the right front burner ignites, but not the left front burner. if it isn't too hard, swap the two ignitors and see what happens. If the left front stops working and the right one does when you do the swap, the ignitor is bad, and you know the harness is fine. If the problem stays in the same place, then it wasn't the ignitor, but it must be something else.

o

Suspect the OP was watching this Youtube video which talks about the "ignitor wiring harness" (apparently how the part is cataloged).

Here is a link that might be useful: Burner that doen't click

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here