Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Bordeaux (RAL 4004) Bluestar

Posted by otterkill (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 17:21

Isn't she pretty! Can't wait to get her in place. I'll take more photos when she's in her parking space!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Bordeaux (RAL 4004) Bluestar

Reminds me of the RNB on 2 Broke Girls

o

That's pretty! I'm impressed you can commit to such a color. I'm thinking about a dark sort of olive green (if such a color exists), but I'm afraid I'll tire of it after a while.

Anyway, it is lovely and so fun! I can't wait to get my mitts on a bluestar, but that won't be for a few years, super jealous!

o

Wow - beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of your kitchen.

o

I too have a Bluestar, but in basic black.
You're a braver soul than I.
Be sure to post more pics after the install.

o

Deeageaux, my wife and I just watched the episode this week, I was surprised to see a BS on a TV show to be honest, but thought it was really cool.

I am looking forward to getting our BS 36" rangetop in a few weeks, can't wait to see it installed and start using it.

o

Not quite like Two Broke Girls, if i bought the matching knobs I would have been!!

o

I did splurge and got the wheels (casters).

o

Gonna start cooking now!! Thanks all!

o

It looks fabulous!! Love the color.

Clearly, some set designer on Two Broke Girls has a sense of style.

o

Wow, gorgeous! I love when someone else is brave enough to try a different color and then share pics with the rest of us :-) (I went with black... :-D

o

She's beautiful! I have a fondness for all things Bordeaux.

o

That is just gorgeous. On my monitor, it appears that the purple has a lot of violet in it. Is that correct? The high school colors here are purple and gold; we bleed purple around here. Even my DH is interested in this stove, now that I told him it's purple! And we're not even building a kitchen right now--although I could find a place for another range, if I had to . . . (LOL)

o

That is gorgeous! and is bound to make cooking a lot of fun :)

is your kitchen floor wood look porcelain tiles or real wood planks? it's very pretty too.

o

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. It is quite the talk. I would say its in the purple family and call it violet. Kitchendetective and all those thinking of a bold color definitely get the metal swatch because the colors on the fan (190 to choose from...yikes) do look a little different on metal. I love love love it! I put the cobolt blue tea kettle on the stove to show the contrast. Thanks again! Otterkill

o

Terri0826, yes the floor looks like wood but is tile, thanks!

o

great look. I would definitely get a colored stove when I'm ready to buy one. Your BS looks so nice next to it. :)

o

I'm so excited after seeing your range. I've been on the fence debating whether to chose an all stainless or a painted Bluestar. Your violet is gorgeous! As soon as we pick our countertops I can pick a color. I love the look of this range painted! Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here