Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
otterkill

My New Bordeaux (RAL 4004) Bluestar

otterkill
11 years ago

Isn't she pretty! Can't wait to get her in place. I'll take more photos when she's in her parking space!

Comments (17)

• olivesmom
    11 years ago

That's pretty! I'm impressed you can commit to such a color. I'm thinking about a dark sort of olive green (if such a color exists), but I'm afraid I'll tire of it after a while.

Anyway, it is lovely and so fun! I can't wait to get my mitts on a bluestar, but that won't be for a few years, super jealous!

otterkill thanked olivesmom
  • alwaysfixin
    11 years ago

Wow - beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of your kitchen.

otterkill thanked alwaysfixin
  • willtv
    11 years ago

I too have a Bluestar, but in basic black.
    You're a braver soul than I.
    Be sure to post more pics after the install.

otterkill thanked willtv
  • philwojo
    11 years ago

Deeageaux, my wife and I just watched the episode this week, I was surprised to see a BS on a TV show to be honest, but thought it was really cool.

I am looking forward to getting our BS 36" rangetop in a few weeks, can't wait to see it installed and start using it.

• otterkill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not quite like Two Broke Girls, if i bought the matching knobs I would have been!!

• otterkill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did splurge and got the wheels (casters).

• otterkill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gonna start cooking now!! Thanks all!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

It looks fabulous!! Love the color.

Clearly, some set designer on Two Broke Girls has a sense of style.

otterkill thanked gsciencechick
  • jenny_from_the_block
    11 years ago

Wow, gorgeous! I love when someone else is brave enough to try a different color and then share pics with the rest of us :-) (I went with black... :-D

otterkill thanked jenny_from_the_block
  • kaysd
    11 years ago

She's beautiful! I have a fondness for all things Bordeaux.

otterkill thanked kaysd
  • kitchendetective
    11 years ago

That is just gorgeous. On my monitor, it appears that the purple has a lot of violet in it. Is that correct? The high school colors here are purple and gold; we bleed purple around here. Even my DH is interested in this stove, now that I told him it's purple! And we're not even building a kitchen right now--although I could find a place for another range, if I had to . . . (LOL)

otterkill thanked kitchendetective
  • Terri
    11 years ago

That is gorgeous! and is bound to make cooking a lot of fun :)

is your kitchen floor wood look porcelain tiles or real wood planks? it's very pretty too.

otterkill thanked Terri
  • otterkill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. It is quite the talk. I would say its in the purple family and call it violet. Kitchendetective and all those thinking of a bold color definitely get the metal swatch because the colors on the fan (190 to choose from...yikes) do look a little different on metal. I love love love it! I put the cobolt blue tea kettle on the stove to show the contrast. Thanks again! Otterkill

• otterkill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Terri0826, yes the floor looks like wood but is tile, thanks!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

great look. I would definitely get a colored stove when I'm ready to buy one. Your BS looks so nice next to it. :)

otterkill thanked EATREALFOOD
  • ginzing
    11 years ago

I'm so excited after seeing your range. I've been on the fence debating whether to chose an all stainless or a painted Bluestar. Your violet is gorgeous! As soon as we pick our countertops I can pick a color. I love the look of this range painted! Enjoy!

otterkill thanked ginzing