Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
large capacity 30 inch or 36 inch range?

Posted by heidia (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 17:15

My main concern is oven capacity. My price point is around 5K. The electrolux has 6.4 cu ft. I am really leaning towards that one because of this. The other 36 inches I have researched in my price range are around 5 cu ft. Makes me wonder if I would just be better off to get a large capacity 30 inch and save the money? Anyone in this dilema? Thoughts? I love the idea of using a full sheet and cooking several things at the same time in the oven. It would suit our lifestyle so well. But, I wonder if a few cu ft will make a huge diff...the burners are not a big deal to me. I do not cook like that as much anymore...think big pans and sheets and dutch ovens, cooked at the same time to save time! Is there a huge diff between 4.5 and 5.2 cu ft for example? I really need to go look at these, but NO ONE here carries the 36"... :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: large capacity 30 inch or 36 inch range?

Bluestar 36" RNB Width 29" Depth 20" H 15"

You can fit full size professional baking sheets and 40 qt stock pot.

Electrolux 36" range Width 30 1/8" D 19 5/8" H 18"

You can fit full size professional baking sheets and 75 qt stock pot.

Both will fit the same number of regular size pans, like loaf pans or dutch ovens. Both will fit biggest roasters.

Question is do you need to stick something in the oven larger than a 40 qt stock pot? Like a 75 qt stock pot. That is the only advantage I see to the bigger oven,if you can use those extra 3" of height.

o

deeageaux,

How much is 36" BS in your area?

I am so sick of their policy of not displaying the price but having the consumers call. Only two showrooms around here carry BS and it's taking them forever to give me a quote. I know that price may differ by region but not by much.

TX!

o

Last time I walked into a Bluestar dealer it was $5.3k for the base 36" RNB with no upgrades. I have not heard of a price increase since.

o

Thank you!

o

Thank you all...I think I have now talked myself into 2 wall ovens...will lose width but not much in height or depth.

o

Now I am considering a wall oven and the 36 range...oh sigh...

o

I have a 36" Capital Culinarian Self-Clean and Gaggenau 24" wall oven.

CC Oven W 27"
D 21"
H 14"

Fits full size commercial baking sheets and some 40qt stock pots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here