Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zazutoo_gw

Budget Range hood choices -- Help!

zazutoo
12 years ago

I posted a more general question about range hoods and got a short, terse reply. Now I understanding why!!! It is a crazy jungle out there!! Choosing a range hood has been really challenging for me. (I admit to wishing I just went along with my GC�s recommendation and did not look further) I need help.

Background: I am looking for a 30" stainless steel wall mounted chimney range hood. I am not changing out appliances with the renovation. My present gas stove has a cfm rating of 585. If I change out the stove in a few years, the gas stove I have my eye on has a rating of 920. The duct size is 6". I cook a good deal but just for two and I do not cook much meat. Although we do eat fish which I usually do in the oven.

Challenge: Unfortunately, this is a budget renovation. I am looking to spend no more than $800 for a range hood and if I could get away with less than that, I would be very happy.

I do not have a good read on any of these brands except for Broan and Kobe, but the Kobe does not seem to be a "real" Kobe. I cannot afford a real Kobe.

Anyway, does anyone know if any of these brands or models are pure junk or are the real winner? Anecdotal evidence would be great. I know these are not the glamour work horses that are so often talked about on this board. If there are any other brands I should consider, please let me know.

Zephyr ZAN-E30A

Zephyr ZSA-E30B

Zephyr BVE-E30AS

Windster RA-14L30

Windster RA-7730

Windster RA-77B30

Broan EW5830

XO Ventilation XOS30S

XO Ventilation XOB30S

Cavaliere-Euro AP238-PSF-30

Cavaliere-Euro SV218B2-30

Cavaliere-Euro AP238-PS29-30

Brillia by Kobe RAX9430SF-1

Air King GRAN30SS

Do I strike the tone of holding on to sanity by my fingernails?

Thanks for the help.

Suzanne

ps I am posting this on the appliance forum as well. Please forgive the redundancy.

Comments (4)