Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf Combi Steam Oven questions

Posted by hbrrbh (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 17:10

Hi -- newbie here -- we are in the midst of planning a major kitchen renovation and are looking at appliances. We're intrigued by a combi steam oven, due in part to the great reviews on this site. At this point, we're focusing on the Wolf which seems to have the largest capacity (the Gag is out of our price range, the Miele doesn't have convection and the Thermador just seemed too small). We plan to get a regular electric/convection wall oven as well. The Wolf combi steam manual says that it needs to be installed on top of another Wolf wall oven -- does anyone here have the Wolf combi steam installed on the same stack as an oven from a different brand? I'm not concerned at the moment with exactly matching the look, I just don't want to do anything unsafe. Any other comments about your experiences with the Wolf combi, pro or con, are also appreciated! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf Combi Steam Oven questions

Hi- I am new to this site too- in the process of the same project as you. Initially I was sold on the wolf steam combo- but have now gravitated to the GE Advantium. Curious if you have looked at that? It is also a fast oven...but I liked the fact it could be used as a regular oven and regular microwave. They have a couple models- I am leaning towards the one that is also a vent for the cooktop.( I live in a condo so space is a a little bit of a premium). Anyway- I haven't bought anything yet- so curious if you looked at the ge and decided against it. I am getting a wolf wall oven.

o

Hi Chichichicago -- we haven't really considered the Advantium because I don't think it has the steam option. We are interested in the combi steam because of the steam, not because of the speed.

o

new miele steam oven has a convection feature...

i am torn between miele and wolf, so i'll be reading this topic :)

o

I have a Wolf Combi Steam oven installed under a GE Advantium oven. I thought I had carefully read the installation instructions, but I missed the part about the Wolf Combi needing to be installed with another Wolf oven. I have to think that it's wishful thinking on the part of the Wolf folks who want to sell another Wolf oven.

There's a GE warming drawer under the combi oven, and a storage drawer under the warming drawer. It doesn't bother me that the ovens and warming drawer aren't all the same brand.

o

janek_2009 -- that's good to hear. Do you like/ use the steam oven in general?

o

Hi,

My steam oven is installed under the counter by itself so I can't help regarding installation with other ovens. I do love using the steam oven. We've had it ~4 months now and still learning how to use it. It is fun to experiment and 99.9% of the time we're pleased with the results.
Best of luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here