Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Dishwasher cup shelves

Posted by Violet_June (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 17:06

Hello appliance forum,

We just had a Bosch dishwasher installed (the new 500 series I think) and it has two cup shelves. They are supposed to fold down and click into place, but they don't click. I can't tell if they're installed wrong or what. If anyone has similar shelves and can post a photo of how they fit in so they work properly, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried moving them around but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Dishwasher cup shelves

They can seem tricky and a little stiff when new but just fold down and push a little harder on the out side edge and they will snap into place. If you look closely at the side that is attached to the rack you will see a slot that one of the rack wires is being guided into.

Don't try to lift the shelf. just push downward on the outer edge

o

Are you sure? A different Bosch I looked at in the store seemed to have a different style of racks that did clip right in. On ours, I can't figure out what the slot is supposed to be. I'm guessing they changed the design from what I have seen before and I really can't figure it out.

o

What is your exact model number? I can look at our floor to verify, but what I stated is for the new Bosch dishwashers that were introduced this past summer.

o

I've noticed exactly the same thing on all the new Bosch DWs with the new larger tubs and racks (that are about 2" longer front to back than the older ones). Haven't tried forcing them, but they don't seem to want to stay in the down position.

o

Okay, it turns out that Jakvis is exactly right. If you push down on it the wrong way it won't go down, but if you sort of push up at the same time on the side it's attached on it does clip in.

Thanks for the help! I feel silly, but maybe I'm not the only one who is confused by the new design.

o

Mine is 800 series and discontinued, but here's a picture of what needs to click, on mine, to hold it in place. As jakvis said, it was a little stiff at first, but works easily now.

o

Cross-posted. Don't feel silly, it took me a bit to figure it out, too. Now if I could only figure out how to efficiently load the rest of the middle rack... (It's the only thing I don't like about my Bosch, but it's a big "only.")

o

I just tried it at a store I was at - just push down on the front edge harder, and perhaps push up at the back at the same time if that doesn't work. Not difficult once you figure it out.

Haven't measured every one, but the top racks on the new deep-tub Bosch DWs look like the longest (front to back) of any brand. The thin door and the very small dispenser in the center (where the rack juts inward) allow most of the rack to be longer than others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here