Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violetjune

Bosch Dishwasher cup shelves

Violetjune Zone 3
10 years ago

Hello appliance forum,

We just had a Bosch dishwasher installed (the new 500 series I think) and it has two cup shelves. They are supposed to fold down and click into place, but they don't click. I can't tell if they're installed wrong or what. If anyone has similar shelves and can post a photo of how they fit in so they work properly, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried moving them around but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks!!

Comments (14)

• jakvis
    10 years ago

They can seem tricky and a little stiff when new but just fold down and push a little harder on the out side edge and they will snap into place. If you look closely at the side that is attached to the rack you will see a slot that one of the rack wires is being guided into.

Don't try to lift the shelf. just push downward on the outer edge

• Violetjune Zone 3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Are you sure? A different Bosch I looked at in the store seemed to have a different style of racks that did clip right in. On ours, I can't figure out what the slot is supposed to be. I'm guessing they changed the design from what I have seen before and I really can't figure it out.

• jakvis
    10 years ago

What is your exact model number? I can look at our floor to verify, but what I stated is for the new Bosch dishwashers that were introduced this past summer.

• lee676
    10 years ago

I've noticed exactly the same thing on all the new Bosch DWs with the new larger tubs and racks (that are about 2" longer front to back than the older ones). Haven't tried forcing them, but they don't seem to want to stay in the down position.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Mine is 800 series and discontinued, but here's a picture of what needs to click, on mine, to hold it in place. As jakvis said, it was a little stiff at first, but works easily now.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Cross-posted. Don't feel silly, it took me a bit to figure it out, too. Now if I could only figure out how to efficiently load the rest of the middle rack... (It's the only thing I don't like about my Bosch, but it's a big "only.")

• lee676
    10 years ago

I just tried it at a store I was at - just push down on the front edge harder, and perhaps push up at the back at the same time if that doesn't work. Not difficult once you figure it out.

Haven't measured every one, but the top racks on the new deep-tub Bosch DWs look like the longest (front to back) of any brand. The thin door and the very small dispenser in the center (where the rack juts inward) allow most of the rack to be longer than others.

• majdamage .
    6 years ago

• majdamage .
    5 years ago

I was equally perplexed at first. Fold the shelf down and use your fingers to guide the clip in the back along a bar to snap in place. It took a little more force than one would expect.

• skippr
    5 years ago

Can the cup shelves be removed?

• velliott11
    4 years ago

I have the same question about how to remove the cup shelves. We have taller mugs and like to wash our stemware by hand so the shelves are not useful to us and get in the way of loading wider items

• maryvictory
    last year

Me too how can i remove the shelves

• HU-141500063
    5 months ago

Me too ... have any of you managed to remove them?