Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting NXR to propane

Posted by akmomesq (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 17:02

I've searched but can't find an answer to this question...

We're starting a kitchen remodel and I would very much like a gas range but it must be on propane. I thought I'd settled on the NXR 30 inch, which I'd need to buy through Costco given my location. It looks like the model carried by Costco doesn't come with an LP converter anymore.

I've seen warnings on this site about power loss with conversions, but can't find info related specifically to the NXR. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts?

I'm finding this site invaluable ... Thanks to all you regular participators!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting NXR to propane

This is one source - it's the second from the bottom.
http://nxrstoves.com/accessories.htm

You can also order it from Durocorp through Adco or most dealers.

o

That's good to know, thank you!
I wonder if there'd be any difference between converting a costco "non-LP" to an LP vs getting a propane ready model? Costco just doesn't sell the latter. I'm trying to weigh maintaining the costco ease of returning, vs getting it propane ready from the go. (I live in Alaska so will have to have it delivered to WA and then shipped to me regardless...)

o

Is there a difference between the NG and LP versions?

Answer is unclear.

All the info I have seen to date from vendor websties and comments in online forums here says that the "propane ready" NXR versions are ones which a dealer has installed the propane conversion kit for you..

The actual manufactuer is Dongguan Hyxion Metal Technology Co., Ltd., and its website seems to say that the stove can be ordered by US vendors with LP fittings. (See link below.)

Since the company sells stoves in job lots, my best guess is that few propane versions are ordered by Duro.

That is just a guess, tho. Maybe you could call Duro's customer service line and ask them. The number is 1-877-639-7264.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hyxion web site

o

Thanks for the contact info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here