Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Reasonably Priced Washer/Dryer

Posted by rph123 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 16:54

I am looking to buy a top loading washer and dryer. I was thinking about getting a kenmore elite set but they seem to have bad reviews. I would like to stay around $1500 or less for the set. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Reasonably Priced Washer/Dryer

In the long run, Speed Queen is the most cost effective set of laundry you can buy. They aren't the lowest priced, but they are the longest lasting and have the best warranty in the industry.

o

I think they're all basically the same, especially washing machines since they are pretty simple in design and working theory.

You're smart, I think, to go with a top loading washer. The front loaders are awful and meant to appeal to people's egos in order to overcharge them.

o

There are differences in TLs. First of all most use a lot less water. SQ is the only one of the old school washers left that use a full amount of water. We use them in our business because nothing cleans the way they do. We have tried multiple machines of different kinds. We used a Maytag Bravo last year on vacation and were not impressed. The agitation was minimal and baby clothes just did not get as clean. The build on the SQ is also old school. You might pay a little more up front and no chimes but you will get a washing machine in all the best sense of the word. We also have allergies and appreciate the great rinse.

o

You can get a Speed Queen set in the $1,500 range.

o

The front loaders are awful and meant to appeal to people's egos in order to overcharge them.

What a wheelbarrow full of bovine feces.

FL have been standard in Germany/Europe for over 60 years.

We know how impractical and stupid German engineers and consumers are right?

A good FL gets clothes clean, rinses well, uses less energy and detergent. They just take a lot longer. And you should clean dispenser and dry gasket to prevent mold.

Yes, if going TL Speed Queen is they way to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here