Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ovens...Combo but not...

Posted by lesmobo (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 16:47

I have an old Kenmore microwave/oven combo - 30 in. As expected the microwave failed years ago and rather than go to the hassle of replacing the ENTIRE unit, we used the microwave part as a bread box and purchased an on the counter MW.

Now I am ready to replace the entire unit. Ideally, I need one regular oven and a microwave that perhaps offers a convection mode. I'd like them to be housed in the same unit but fear the actual combination unit.

What brands do you recommend- that could be stacked into that existing space and would look nice together? But I don't want them to be tied together electronically? Unless things have gotten better?

I don't think I need a standard double oven. Otherwise I would go with that and look for another spot to stow the microwave-- Fact is -- I'm running out of space. Have no island. Have no room for a MW drawer...

Price range... moderate. I'd pay for great quality and performance.

Help please???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ovens...Combo but not...

Have seen pics of cabinets housing stacked but separate units. Am thinking that is the way to try to go for me. Curious as to what brands work well together for this type of design. I need to be wary of space too as I am trying to build into an existing opening-- that houses the old Kenmore 30in combo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here