Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ilve vs Vking induction range - Help me decide, I hope

Posted by yebo (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 16:25

I've narrowed it down to 30" Ilve or Viking induction range. I like the looks of both, both have knob controls on front. I have to decide how much the color opportunity with Viking matters to me (cinnamon current front runner; Ilve SS only) but am trying to figure out the other differences.

I'll really value your opinions, given the following list, and if there are other things I should find out about, let me know:
-Hob layout - Ilve biggest right back; Viking biggest left front.
-Power: Ilve 1 1400/1890 boost; 2 1850/2500 boost; 1 2300/3200 boost. Viking: 3 1850 (no boost); 1 2300/3700 boost
Oven: Ilve 3 cu feet, convection bake and broil; Viking, 4.1 cu feet, convection bake, infrared broil
Rotisserie: Ilve comes with rotisserie; Vking doesn't
Curb base (I have a dog who gets under things, and currently use an unsightly duct tape arrangement on my range - so this would be nice): Ilve no; Viking yes for additional cost
Backguard included: Ilve 2-3/8; Viking 1"

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ilve vs Vking induction range - Help me decide, I hope

Hi yebo... i wont bore you with details as i know you have red my posts on my viking induction range ..I can tell you i love this range as much as the day i bought ..I have yet felt the need for larger hobs nor ever had one reduce power on me for using multiple burners ..I love this range because it looks and feels solid.. And having a color is an option that im so grateful I chose ...Was this range ridiculousness expensive , oh hell yea !!!! but a decision i do not regret ..Unexpected bonus that i love is the roll out rack !!!! so smooth !!!! here is my email , feel to ask me directed questions luv2putt@yahoo.com i highly recommend doing a demo on a unit ...Brad

o
RE: Ilve vs Vking induction range - Help me decide, I hope

I tried googling Llve reviews. They are "Few and far between".
Most reviews were positive, except where parts or service was needed.

First Priority
Who can service it and what is their service record especially with the Ilves?

2nd Priority
Parts---where do they ship from and how soon?

It is interesting that Eurostoves did a video on Utube using the grill on an Llvs
(see the link below for the video)but now there is NOTHING about Llvs on their website---in fact a search of Llvs on their website turns up nothing. I would certainly want Trevor's input on the Llvs and why they "apparently" no longer carry it. I would post this question to Trevor, just in case He is not reading this thread.

As for Me I would go with the Viking and get a bbq with a rotisserie. I like the looks , especially the knobs better on the Viking and I "believe" it "may" be made in the US and not Italy but I would check that out yourself.

Also you have a couple strong fans for the Viking Induction Range here in Gardens Web and Zero for the Ilvs.

Good luck with your pending decision!!

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Eurostoves and the Llvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here