Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Appliancesconnection.com not listed as Zephyr dealer implications

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

It says "authorized Zephyr dealer" on the appliancesconnection.com site. However, when I looked on the Zephyr site, I only found retail store dealers. If they are not an authorized dealer, what does this imply about the warranty? Am I sure that I am getting brand new Zephyr product? Appliancesconnection offers an extended warranty for Zephyr? Is this really worth anything if they are not an authorized dealer. If I end up buying home warranty insurance, would it cover an appliance purchased through a non-authorized dealer?

I just put in a call to Zephyr and got voicemail. There really is a very significant price difference and I'd like to buy online if my local retail store won't come close

Thank you!

Comments (10)

• llaatt22
    10 years ago

Please keep in mind that you are still liable for sales tax in your home state on out of state purchases whenever they get up enough gumption to start coming after people. If you can get a local buy reasonably close to what you might pay elsewhere out of state that might be a better idea.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Send Zephyr an email. I found them very responsive - same day reply.

• applnut
    10 years ago

I won't order anything from Appliances Connection, authorized dealer or not. Some others have also had bad experiences, so you might want to explore a bit before pulling trigger

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliances Connection

• CT_Newbie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I also wonder whether it is Appliance Connection vs. ApplianceS Connection.com which is the one I was looking at. It mentions that in a link to a thread that was on the thread you sent me.

Zephry didn't have any online sites listed but said to call their distributor to check. One local dealer dismissed AC and wouldn't meet their price on other items (though he did give me a slightly better price on a DW) and the price of a microwave drawer was actually less expensive at a different local shop. However, for the Zephyrs there is a big gap :(

If we assume that they are not authorized, what does that mean? Is the warranty void or do we think it is a fake? Or do we think they just have a connection from oversupply from a real dealer?

Thank you for the caveat

This post was edited by CT_Newbie on Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 21:21

• julieste
    10 years ago

We just bought a Zephyr at a good price from Plessers.com which also has a bricks and mortar store (and good reviews from online customers). I never thought to check if they are an authorized dealer, but after reading this thread I looked it up on the Zephyr site. They are listed as a dealer. You may want to check them out. Also, if you order from them, call rather than just submit the virtual order because you may get a better deal on the shipping options.

• applnut
    10 years ago

My negative experience was with appliancesconnection.com ... Your mileage may vary. I believe manufacturers can, but will not necessarily, refuse warranty service when purchases are made from "unauthorized" seller. When talking major appliances it's not a risk I'd take, but your mileage may vary.

• CT_Newbie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both! I will call Plessers.com as they didn't have my model online. Maybe they can order it for a good price. I would feel better going to Plessers.

• CT_Newbie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Got a very good competitive rate at Plessers.com and they were having a sale for Columbus Day so I also got a free 10 year warranty and free shipping. Thanks so much for mentioning it! I feel so much better. They may become the new AJ Madison :)

• julieste
    10 years ago

We bought from Plessers after I read many negative reviews about AJMadison on resellerratings.com.

Our hood is still sitting waiting to be installed, so I am hoping we don't have any problems with it being defective or needing attention immediately. That would be the true test of Plessers responsiveness.

• jr1010
    10 years ago

Appliancesconnection is a scam operation based out of Brooklyn. They deliver damaged and used appliances even though they advertise them as new. Then they bully you into keeping them. They are committing fraud. That's why the prices are so low. They also post fake ratings and reviews and use search engine optimization techniques to make themselves seem legit. Please avoid them at all costs. If you have already purchased from them, I suggest contacting the NY attorney general.