Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atlnon

Changing from cooktop to rangetop - how hard?

atlnon
11 years ago

We are looking at buying a house. They currently have a 30" cooktop that needs to be replaced. We do a lot of wok cooking. Really have my heart set on either Capital Culinarian or Bluestar. Unfortunately, neither of them have a 30" cooktop, just a rangetop. How hard would it be to change from cooktop to rangetop w/o having to change the entire granite countertop? What do I need to look for to see if it is even possible? If the granite needs to be cut, can they do it onsite?

On a sidenote, I was also looking at getting the stainless steel high back since we've always splashed grease at our tile backspalsh at our last house. It drove us crazy since it's hard to clean. We end up putting up an old cutting board back there when we know we are about to cook something that splatters a lot. To my surprise, the CC dealer doesn't recommend the SS back bec according to him, it's hard to clean and scratches easily, and that I'm better off going with a tile backsplash with dark grouting. I have no reason to doubt him because he's giving up more sales by his recommendation (which impressed me). I just want to get your thoughts on this, especially those who had experience with SS back. Do you all have any other recommendation for the back?

Thanks!

Comments (6)