Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home water distiller question

Posted by ryans01z28 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 16:00

I inhareted a spring time water distiller model 12 and not sure how it works. It holds what looks like maybe 20gallons of water and I'd like to get it operational again. My father In-law said they used to put some kind of chemical or something in it for the water but he couldn't remember what it was. After I get that figured out I would like to know how I can hook it up as my main source of water since our water is so hard, the wife says its hard on her hair!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home water distiller question

You absolutely, positively cannot use the SpringTime distiller as your main water source for your home.

1. It is way too slow to provide the amount of water you need.
2. The distilled water would be way too aggressive and eat your pipes (unless you have all plastic)
3. IF you could find a large enough system, you would need a large retention tank and good sized pump to move the water through your house.

It is strictly a drinking water sytem.

If you want to remove hardness from all of your water, you need an ion exchange softener for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here