Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kokomo61

Repair or replace next time?

kokomo61
10 years ago

Posted already in the 'buy next time' thread....but here's a question for the group.

I have a Kenmore Elite 13183 dishwasher - stainless steel all around, hidden touch controls, but reliability and wear have been an issue. I've had to replace a number of items, including:

Door switch
Hi-temp fuse
Soap dispenser
Drain pump

And the racks have been the most fragile I've ever seen. I've lost a number of the vertical tines from breakage, the top rack has frayed edges at the front and is showing signs of rusting out, etc.

I've had a number of problems with not draining. While the Cancel/Drain cycle works fine, many cycles end with standing water in the bottom. I've checked all the hoses for blockages, and none were severe beyond normal food gunk. I've ran several cycles with baking soda / vinegar, replaced the drain pump, and it seems to be working better.....but since this is the 2nd time it's been backed up, I might be putting a DNR tag on it for the next repair.

Anyone with this dishwasher or similar issues have any advice on how to keep it working longer (about 6-7 years old), or to plan for its replacement? If replacing, what would you replace it with?

Thanks in advance....

Comments (3)