Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
advantium under counter installation

Posted by riverview111 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 15:50

So apparently I've been in a cave for some years...looks like the Advantium wall ovens can now be installed undercounter! When did this happen? It solves all my kitchen design problems!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: advantium under counter installation

The advantium that uses a 240 line is supposed to be installed above counter height. The 120 version can be installed under. I questioned this earlier this year, even calling GE and asking why..."the specifications say use of this appliance is recommended at counter height" for the 240.
When I went shopping the appliance guy, major high-end brands, large city said "no problem we do them all the time."
Even the 240 under counter?" I ask. "Yeah all the time."
So do you have documentation from GE?
Have they changed the specs for the 240?

o

An appliance dealer told me that the 240V doesn't meet the fire code for under counter placement because the surface temperature is too high.

o

Apparently the GE Advantium 240V has been discontinued.
I think you can still get the GE Monogram version.

o

When I called GE they did not say anything about fire code issues. If the surface temp gets too high under counter, why is it not too high for "built in" above 36 inches.
What am I missing here? If it is built in a cabinet and surface temps get too high - what difference does it make where its at in the kitchen?
Is that why its discontinued? I thought maybe that weird GE eyeball style finally bit the dust.

o

Well Phooey. I read some info on the GE website that said it was okay but the manual says no.

Here's the new style advantium. Glad they finally got rid of the curvy style.

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=PSB9240SFSS

o

Well, I guess it's back to considering using an over-range 240 Advantium in a location that's not over the range. Cabinet guy says that's fine and they do that sort of installation all the time. I'd rather have the larger capacity of the wall oven version...seems more like a real second oven. Maybe I'll get a warming drawer...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here