Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2006 Jenn Air dishwasher and fridge - questions about reusing

Posted by rebecca3142 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 15:41

I am remodeling a whole house. Trying to save a little money by reusing what I can, but I don't want to be "penny wise and pound foolish".

The house came with a 2006 Jenn Air dishwasher and counter depth fridge. I can't find any reviews on these models.

Esthetically they look fine, but are there any other issues I might be missing? Will I regret reusing these appliances?

One thing I found out was that the fridge is slightly smaller than current models, so we are allowing extra space to upgrade later.

Thanks for your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2006 Jenn Air dishwasher and fridge - questions about reusing

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the appliances work and you'll be happy with how they look in the new kitchen, then you might as well keep them until they wear out. Many newer appliances end up with lots of problems these days, so even though you have somewhat older appliances, they have lasted and you're probably in good shape.

This post was edited by weissman on Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 17:05

o

2006 . The fridge, (and maybe the DW), were made by the "Real Jenn-air"~~~~~before they were bought by Maytag and Maytag then bought by Whirlpool.

In 2006, and many times since 2006, Jenn-air has been the highest rated fridge, (reliability wise), by respondents to Consumer Report surveys, (Not CR's take on things).

In fact I bought a Jenn-air SXS 48 built in fridge in 2006.
It has been completely trouble free in the 7 years we have had it now, and it has features that many of the new fridges still don't have, crank up shelves, 3 different temp settings in fridge compartment area, (meat keeper, Chrisper & main fridge compartment).

Soooo, I agree with weissman, "If it ain't~~~~~~

Gary

o

Need a third "keep them"? Good forethought on the fridge spacing (I'd leave 36 or a tiny bit more if possible.)

o

Nothing wrong with keeping "old" appliances if they're functional and meet your needs. My sister/bro-in-law have the original 1989 Whirlpool wall oven, JennAir cooktop, and Quasar microwave that came with their house, and the probably 25-years-old Kenmore refrigerator they already had, and nearly 30-years-old Maytag washer/dryer that came along from their first house.

The Whirlpool dishwasher that was in the house was replaced several years ago by a 1992 KitchenAid that I had stored for a few years.

o

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here