Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving frig forward an inch - how to do?

Posted by Ellen1234 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 15:17

Hi!

I have a Viking D3 French door counter depth frig. It's a long story, but basically I have to get a new cabinet frig panel made since the 24" deep panel isn't deep enough (cabinetmaker went off of Viking specs but about an inch of the gray side panel shows - per Viking this is expected).

Anyway, the frig is about 5 inches to the right of a wall which has a doorway opening. The left frig door can ALMOST open all the way (meaning as much as the right door opens and the hinges allow). I need to just pull it forward a touch (maybe 1/2" to 1"). I then will have the cabinetmaker build the new frig panel based on this depth.

The problem is, I'm not sure how best to pull it forward. It has wheels, but the leveling legs are such that the wheels wouldn't work (not touching). Should I screw down the leveling legs and use the wheels to wheel it out, and then re-level? Or could we somehow tilt the frig on its back wheels and pull it forward slightly (to avoid having to go through the re-leveling process?)??? Or put some of those moving disks under the leveling legs?

My main concern is that I don't want to screw up my brand new hardwood floor! :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving frig forward an inch - how to do?

Put it on it's wheels then move it. After moving re-level with the legs

o
RE: Moving frig forward an inch - how to do?

Ok! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here