Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen1234_gw

Moving frig forward an inch - how to do?

Ellen1234
10 years ago

Hi!

I have a Viking D3 French door counter depth frig. It's a long story, but basically I have to get a new cabinet frig panel made since the 24" deep panel isn't deep enough (cabinetmaker went off of Viking specs but about an inch of the gray side panel shows - per Viking this is expected).

Anyway, the frig is about 5 inches to the right of a wall which has a doorway opening. The left frig door can ALMOST open all the way (meaning as much as the right door opens and the hinges allow). I need to just pull it forward a touch (maybe 1/2" to 1"). I then will have the cabinetmaker build the new frig panel based on this depth.

The problem is, I'm not sure how best to pull it forward. It has wheels, but the leveling legs are such that the wheels wouldn't work (not touching). Should I screw down the leveling legs and use the wheels to wheel it out, and then re-level? Or could we somehow tilt the frig on its back wheels and pull it forward slightly (to avoid having to go through the re-leveling process?)??? Or put some of those moving disks under the leveling legs?

My main concern is that I don't want to screw up my brand new hardwood floor! :)

Thanks!