Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking Pro AG Open Burner or D3 Dual Fuel

Posted by bearandmeg (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 15:12

I've got a really good deal negotiated on a VGIC5304BSS pro open burner for same price as D3 dual fuel.

Some say elec oven and sealed burner is better. Others say open burner PRO, especially at that price.

Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking Pro AG Open Burner or D3 Dual Fuel

some say don't get a Viking no matter what - I'm not speaking from personal experience but there are a lot of complaints about Viking on this forum - do a search

o

I had I think the same model as you are thinking. I had absolutely no issues with it from a quality standpoint. It didn't perform as well as my bluestar does however.

o

I've had a Viking induction range for 6 months ... Zero issues ! Oven is spot on temp wise ..

o

Buy the AG! Much simpler product that will be better long term. The benefits of dual fuel are pretty minimal unless you are a heavy baker. Plus the D3 line is a very new product and I would try to avoid being their test case for QC...

o

Bought the d3 about 2 months ago now. Not impressed. should have gone with the AG pro. Burners are all or nothing, oven is hit or miss temp wise.
Loud fan. No infrared broiler. Could have saved 1000 bucks + and bought a nice GE

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here