Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snookers1999

Bosch Microwave Drawer

snookers1999
9 years ago

I am very interested in purchasing a microwave drawer since it seems to be the most convenient way to get a microwave into my kitchen. I don't want one with a handle sticking out on it though since it will be on the side of my island where I will be doing a lot of my prep work and I don't want to be bumping into it. Since Bosch is running a promo right now for 10% off if your purchase 3 items, I'm seriously thinking about purchasing their microwave drawer. (I'm already going to purchase their induction cooktop and dishwasher.) However, I can't find one review on the internet or Gardenweb for the Bosch Microwave drawer, Does anyone on here have one, and do you like it?

Comments (8)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

It's a Sharp. Plenty written on this forum about them, mostly positive reviews. Do a search.

• snookers1999
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your input. I figured the microwave was made by Sharp, but I was just double checking since there were absolutely no reviews out there on this specific unit. I ordered the microwave this morning and I can't wait to start using it. And again, thank you.

• agk2003
    9 years ago

just chiming in since we went with the bosch 500 series microwave for the exact reason you state- it has no handle and will be in our peninsula so i didn't want a protruding handle. i haven't received it yet so i can't attest to performance but we only really use the micro for heating up leftovers, melting butter for baking, warming water for tea, defrosting etc. got a great deal on a floor model from sears outlet online (allegedly with no scratches or marks so fingers crossed).

• McCall333
    9 years ago

I do not have a Bosch microwave drawer, but I have a Bosch microwave. Model HMB5050/01. I bought all Bosch appliances in my kitchen remodel 3.5 years ago because I assumed that Bosch was a high-end line of appliances. It wasn't like I was going to be able to afford to do the whole remodel thing again... so I went with Bosch. Read the reviews of this microwave! Complete failure for many customers after 2-3 years! Bosch should recall this item! I have been very happy with all the other items I bought which include: warming drawer, double oven, cooktop and dishwasher. I am still trying to get someone from Bosch to help me out with the $600 price tag for the repair! No luck!! If the drawer uses the same technology (same inverter board or magnatron) it will fail!! And you will be stuck with having to buy something else that fits into the same spot as the one you had built for your Bosch microwave.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Before you buy appliances it's always a good idea to do some research, rather than just going off the prestige of a name. A little bit of that would have revealed that different manufacturers excel at different appliances and buying packages is rarely a good idea. It also would have revealed that all microwaves are pretty much the same, and they are considered a disposable appliance. They all come out of the same small set of factories in China, with the exception of American made Sharp, who makes Bosch's drawer (but not their other models). Buying a "built in" microwave means you're paying a huge premium for nothing but the look and the name. A smarter idea for next time is to include an alcove in your design that you can pop any cheapo microwave from Walmart into when it fails in under 5 years, because most of them will.

• Monika Agic
    5 years ago

We just installed a Bosch microwave drawer and it is very nice. Met all my expectations!

• Amanda Rodriguez
    last year

Horrifying experience, It caught on fire, thankfully it was stopped.I'm not alone, google it!, It has happened to others.

Drawer broke into pieces from fire. Could've been a serious house fire. 1 year old. Bosch knows about it and it is doing nothing about it. Do not buy, stay safe!

Bosch 800 Microwave drawer 1.2 ct