Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcjersey

Kitchen Aid Induction Range

DCJersey
11 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the KitchenAid Architect II KIRS608BSS induction range. I just noticed it on the ajmadison website so I think it is kind of new, it doesnt even seem to be on the kitchenaid website. The specs look almost identical to the Maytag and Whirlpool induction ranges so I am wondering if it is just a rebadge.

Comments (2)

• jwvideo
    11 years ago

I noted this in a post a month or so ago and nobody had any info on it. Back then, as far as I could tell, only AJ Madison carried it. The control panel on the backsplash looks a lot like the ones on the new Samsung induction stoves, NE697 and 695, which were only on offer from Best Buy.

The other Whirlpool-branded induction stoves (Maytag and Whirlpool brands) have the big burners at the back of the stove with touch panels up front between the smaller burners. The KA looks different, more like something in between the Samsung NE695 and NE 697,

Frigidaire seems to have similar looking induction stove which I understood was made for that company by Samsung (Sorry, I can't find the reference or a link). My speculation was that the KA was sourced from the same maker and guessed that it was Samsung because of the similarity of the backsplash control panels.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Just a reminder, in case I haven't beaten this to death enough. While I love having induction, my KA induction cooktop has one flaw: it clicks on lower temps. If Samsung made this range, maybe you won't have this issue. Admittedly, when the vent fan is running, I can't hear the clicking, but I don't run it all the time. Caveat emptor!