Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amspinn

GE single double oven

Ann Marie Spinner
11 years ago

Does anyone have/used a GE single double oven? I have two wall ovens now and I am going to renovate and am considering the GE single double oven, and possibly putting a microwave above it. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed!

Comments (14)

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bump

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

What is a single double oven?

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's a double oven in the space of a single oven.
    Here's the link:www.geappliances.com/products/.../single_double_wall_ovens/

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Link did not work, but I managed to land there and search. Thank you! I learn something new every day here at GW forums. :-)

• wallycat
    11 years ago

I think there were some threads on this (but maybe last year's stuff is not pulling up) and those who had them said they were decent. It does not have roll-out racks and it only comes with the touch controls (for obvious reasons).
    I am waiting for my oven to die so I can consider it.
    I would do this with an advantium but I do not know how the advantium microwave compares to a plain old microwave (DH uses it a lot).

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Here you go. Interesting concept! Read it's tough to use the lower oven to cook a weighted turkey (roll out gaskets).

Here is a link that might be useful: Link:

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

According to the GE site, it gets rave reviews, but I am still wondering about the user opinions on GW. I didn't know it did not have pull out shelves. I think that may be a negative. Any one else care to comment??

• canishel
    11 years ago

I've been using the single/double oven since last fall. I mostly use the upper oven, for pizzas, broiling, and small stuff. I use the bottom oven for taller containers. I'm vegan, so meats and such aren't applicable for me. FWIW, works great for me.
    No problems with it so far.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

cookingbuff--it's not that the oven doesn't have pull-out shelves/racks. It's that it does not have roll-out shelves/racks like the GE Profile, GE Monogram, Electrolux, KA & a few other brand ovens have as standard.

We opted against the single/double oven as I did not think I would be able to get as large a turkey in there as I needed to at the holidays. We ended up with a standard 30" double oven (Monogram). It really depends on what you plan to roast/bake/broil in there and what your needs are.

Hope this helps!

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Roll-out oven shelves are really nice. A friend has that and she loves it. We are going with a new oven with the roll-out shelves, too, after I test drove hers.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your help. Now I am going to look at the ovens with roll out shelves! I may just have to get a double oven again and possibly try to put a microwave in a drawer when I redo the kitchen.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

cookingbuff--another spot for the microwave is above the double ovens. If you eliminate the drawer that is typically under the double ovens and lower the ovens, the cabinet area above the ovens now becomes accessible. Ours is set up like that and it's great.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mydreamhome- I was actually thinking of that. Glad to hear you like that set-up since I really don't know where I'd put my microwave since I don't want it above the cooktop like I have now. You don't find the bottom oven too low? Did you consider getting one oven and having a advantium above? I don't know enough about the advantium yet.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County