Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fully Integrated Dishwashers

Posted by DCJersey (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 14:39

With the lack of a control panel on the front of fully integrated dishwashers, how do you know when the cycle is finished?

More specifically, I am looking at the fully integrated dishwashers from Miele in the Futura Classic and Futura Crystal lines.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fully Integrated Dishwashers

There is a red light that comes on when DW is working that you can see between dishwasher and bottom of countertop.

Miele Diamond the door opens at end of cycle.

Some Bosch units have red dot light up on kitchen floor when unit is working.

o

With my fully integrated Miele Optima:

1.It beeps audibly for a while at cycle completion.

2. I typically turn the DW on as a last task of the day before bedtime when it doesn't much matter when it completes.

3. Upon programming, the machine reports how much time it takes the cycle to complete. (E.g., if I choose a 2 hour cycle, I don't open it at the 90 min mark). :-)

o

We have a small piece of clear, ribbed plastic glued to the underside of the counter just above the red light (Miele). The plastic catches the red light and makes it more visible from across the room, but it isn't visible if the light's not on. I figured that we would needed something more visible than just the red light, or we'd always be opening it mid-cycle.

o

We also have the ribbed plastic that came with our Miele glued to the underside of the counter. It's only about 1/2 inch wide and maybe 1/16th inch in thickness. It's plenty visible when it's lit up, but you don't notice it when the dishwasher isn't running.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here