Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_ma_gw

Advice needed on Electrolux washers/dryers

paul_ma
11 years ago

I haven't been to this forum for a long time, because I haven't been in the market for appliances for a long time. But now I need new washer/dryer.

I looked at consumer reports, and they recommend LG & Samsung. I found another review site that recommended a Maytag. (Which I know is same as Whirlpool.)

Then I went to my local independent appliance retailer. I bought a lot of stuff from them for my kitchen, and found them to have good prices, seemingly good advice, and their own service. The salesman strongly recommended that I go with Electrolux, though he also has LG and Samsung to sell.

I will be installing these in a 2nd floor bathroom, initially side by side, but eventually stacked when I redo my bath. I have no option to put them on a lower floor. Salesman says Electrolux is only mfg that guarantees their machines to not shake and be stable on an upper floor. (And that is a serious problem with my current washer, which shakes the whole house.)

But when I went looking for reviews, I found quite a number of bad reviews for Electrolux washers. (But to be fair, more good than bad.) I don't take bad reviews as gospel, but as a warning sign to investigate further.

Does anyone here have experience or expertise with washers in general and with Electrolux in particular?

Thanks!

Comment (1)