Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice needed on Electrolux washers/dryers

Posted by paul_ma (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 14:31

I haven't been to this forum for a long time, because I haven't been in the market for appliances for a long time. But now I need new washer/dryer.

I looked at consumer reports, and they recommend LG & Samsung. I found another review site that recommended a Maytag. (Which I know is same as Whirlpool.)

Then I went to my local independent appliance retailer. I bought a lot of stuff from them for my kitchen, and found them to have good prices, seemingly good advice, and their own service. The salesman strongly recommended that I go with Electrolux, though he also has LG and Samsung to sell.

I will be installing these in a 2nd floor bathroom, initially side by side, but eventually stacked when I redo my bath. I have no option to put them on a lower floor. Salesman says Electrolux is only mfg that guarantees their machines to not shake and be stable on an upper floor. (And that is a serious problem with my current washer, which shakes the whole house.)

But when I went looking for reviews, I found quite a number of bad reviews for Electrolux washers. (But to be fair, more good than bad.) I don't take bad reviews as gospel, but as a warning sign to investigate further.

Does anyone here have experience or expertise with washers in general and with Electrolux in particular?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice needed on Electrolux washers/dryers

In the Laundry Forum the consensus seems to be that Electrolux is the best option now for 2nd floor applications if you are going with front loader.

They have the best suspension system to isolate shakes.

Consumer Reports bases their surveys on self-selected members who chose to reply. JD Power uses a random selection of phone numbers. It seems increasing numbers of Americans hang up on telemarketers, pollsters, and survey takers alike but JD seems more scientifically sound. JD ranks Samsung tops.

If I were installing front washer on second floor I would go with Electrolux. Every washer has a fair number of bad reviews if you research enough. Even the laundry forum's beloved Miele. Miele no longer sells full size laundry units.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here