Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
segbrown_gw

Warming shelf with range top

segbrown
15 years ago

I like the idea of using the folding shelves and heat lamps with my range hood ... I probably will be using a 36" range top instead of an entire range, though, and I'm a little bit concerned if all that stainless will look a little bit top heavy or something.

Anyone else used this arrangement? Or know where any photos are?

Thanks again

Comments (5)

• jeffreyem
    15 years ago

Are you looking at the Vent-a-hood Folding shelves? I'm doing this great Glass backsplash and I just can't bring myself to hide 15" under stainless, I'm looking kfor other options.

• monaw
    15 years ago

Years ago I was fortunate enough to order a custom built Vent-a-Hood with "dual lungs" with drop down shelves and "infra-red lights" to keep food warm.
    I put this over a SIMPLE stainless Viking four burner gas range. Fabulous!
    To say the least, I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. My house sold in 5 days.
    I used the drop down shelves and lights constantly. I mean for every meal.
    Warm your dinner plates or keep the rest of the dinner warm while you finish off the last course. I never intended to use them that much...it just happened! I had a very small kitchen and the extra space of the drop-down shelving really helped like extra counter space with an extra bonus: keeping things warm if I needed to. I even used them without using the warming lights! I used the warming lights to soften butter, soften cheese,...etc. I was in love.
    I often used them as a place to park "prepped" ingredients.
    The whole look was stainless and it was the focal point of the kitchen.
    It does make a very bold statement but it is not "top heavy" nor is it "flashy". It is "reasonable" and makes a lot of sense for people who cook and your friends will wish they have what you have. :)
    It is a bit more work to keep clean. Stainless= more work,...let's face it.
    I would do it again in a heartbeat!

• jmblake
    15 years ago

Hi, we are in the process of a complete kitchen remodel and since the only thing i wanted was a wolf cooktop my wife let me be in charge of that and the hood ordering. After many trips to look at hoods, different rangetops, etc, I finally decided on the wolf 36" rangetop with griddle. In addition I went with the Ventahood 300 CFM hood with warming shelf and stainless back splash. I think it looks incredible!! with the wolf being so large as it is, i think the hood compliments the size nicely. See the link below. There are a few other pics in there as well...

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of Wolf/Ventahood

• monaw
    15 years ago

wow are you ever lucky!!!! That looks fantastic!! Why won't my husband let me do that in my kitchen? I think you need to have a talk with him! :)

• jtsgranite4us
    15 years ago

We have the wolf 20" riser with a warming shelf. We use the shelf and the infrared warming lamps in the vent all of the time. The stainless riser is very functional and very eary to clean.

Here is a picture: