Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

48" fridge options?

Fori
10 years ago

Howdy.

I'm planning out a kitchen and it looks like we'll be wanting about a 30" fridge and 18" freezer. (This is based on the volume I currently have and what I feel I'm missing.) I don't mind side-by-sides, especially at this size.

And the spouse wants an icemaker and chilled water dispenser in the fridge.

So, what's good these days? The Thermador/KA SxSes seem to offer the most volume (but the differences are pretty marginal). The BSH columns are pretty slick. The SZ integrated line doesn't appear to offer an 18" freezer but the BI line has a nice SxS. Liebherr doesn't seem to have an appropriate configuration.

In general, I have found the integrated fridges to be extra nice from a design point of view but the standard built-in models seem to be a heckuvalot easier to reach things.

Whirlpool sidekick fridge plus concealed Thermador column freezer? Would that get me kicked out of the appliance club? Oops--can't conceal an ice/water dispenser so that idea is out!

Are there others I should look at? Any comments on performance or durability of these:

Thermador/KA SxS built in
Thermador columns
SZ built in

Others in the 48" range? I must be missing something. At this point I don't care much what they look like or if they are paneled or even built in (although I do not like the looks of the SZ Pro in my home so it's out of the running).

Thanks!

Comments (2)