Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

New Wolf induction cooktop

a2gemini
9 years ago

I was surfing which is usually a bad thing to do and looked at the Wolf website.
I discovered my cooktop is old and obsolete!
The new version has a 5 way bridge - not like the Gag freedom but does allow you to bridge 2 or even all 4 burners.
I showed DH and he said "that's nice but ours isn't that old".
It also stayed with the single timer vs the individual timers like the miele.

In case you are interested - I included a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf induction cooktop

Comments (2)

• westsider40
    9 years ago

That bridge thing is nifty, gemini-gem. i haven't paid scrupulous attention to the flex induction, but I don't see how this Wolf does not compare re bridging and flex.

Actually, in practice, I think your ancient Wolf and my ancient Bosch can bridge, even without special bridge or flex functions. Here's how. But I havent tried to jerryrig a bridge function, never needed to.

Each hob of my Bosch works with all size pans, except for possibly 'too small' ones. My Bosch also works if the pot is partially off the hob. I concede that it may take a nanosecond more if off the hob. (Heat on the bottom of the pot travels to all areas of the pot, a nanosecond more or less). I don't know or remember the scientific term for the travelability of heat within a pot.

So if you put a big, big pot, say, a fish poacher, partially on and off a hob or two or three, I think it will still work. And my experience is that if a pot works on induction, it works well. My cheap pots=my not as cheap pots. (This is an unexpected and stellar feature, to me.)

Therefore, double-gem, I think your fancypants 'ancient' Wolf will bridge and flex just like the gag/therm/bosch of today.

i wonder why Wolf did not do shut-off timers on each hob. Doesn't make sense to me. Bosch is half the price of Wolf. Perhaps Bosch is such a high volume mfr-their presence in the european market, that they can afford the r and d and manufacture of an additional component or two? I do not use the timers much, other than for rice. (I have to re-remember how it works, each time, lol)

That Wolf is gorgeoso and the bridge is sexy.

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    9 years ago

West - the wolf rep said I could bridge as long as I stayed away from the control panels
    I saw the innards of another brand and would be concerned about the wiring pattern and would like to see where the wires go before officially bridging.

I never had the individual timers and maybe I would like them. Sometime, I feel like timeritis with 5 timers in the kitchen already.

I agree the new wolf sure is sexy looking! I will have to ogle for now. We have bathrooms and hardwood floors before a new wolf. Plus the cost puts it out of range for now...I got a good deal on my current one (wolf was having a sale)