Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shallow dishwasher?

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 13:06

We are buying a house that does not currently have a dishwasher. It will be a year or so before we rebuild our cash reserves enough to remodel the kitchen. The cabinet run with the sink is not standard size. The cabinets are 22 inches deep and the countertop is 23 inches deep. No issues with width. And the cabinets are also a bit taller than standard, but I am assuming that's not too difficult to solve with a bit of carpentry for fill.

Is there a dishwasher shallow enough to fit?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shallow dishwasher?

Your best bet will be with a Euro type Dishwasher such as the Bosch, Miele, Asko.
If I remember correctly the Bosch is about 22 1/2 inches deep.

o

Thanks!

o

Miele has the shallowest DW body that I know of. It requires 22 7/16 INCLUDING the door front which is usually 3/4" thick.

You are still going to be in a bind if your cabinets including the door are only 22" deep.

You could remove the sheetrock / plaster to gain the needed 1/2, but that has drawbacks especially if it's an outside wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here