Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockuf8

new viking 30" dual fuel range - rvdr

rockuf8
10 years ago

Looking to replace my Thermador Professional appliances (30" range and dishwasher) as I am in the process of updating my 13yr old kitchen once again. Plan is to paint my cherry cabinets in a light color with a pinstripe glaze finish. I've added additional trim to the cabinetry as well.

My Thermador dishwasher has stopped working, I've had issues with it from day one when I bought it new. 3-4 visits by a repairman haven't solved any of the issues I've experienced on and off including failure to drain after rinse cycle which causes it to continually run, resulting in 3 inches of standing water to be sucked up with a shop vac and left to dry for a few days before it begins working properly. As of 2 months ago it has stopped working altogether..

The range prg304us has been somewhat reliable, but has had a few parts replaced including a thermostat and I think the lower control panel, and now the door doesn't quite close right. The non self-cleaning oven is a drag to clean too, my wife and I are ready for an upgrade.

I'm over the full stainless steel look and really prefer the look of the white and s/s combo, especially the clean lines on the new VIking non professional line.

I haven't been able to find any reviews anywhere on this new range, probably because it's too new. Was wondering if anyone has bought one and what their thoughts are. I'm nervous about Viking as I have seen quite a bit of negativity about their ranges and dishwashers, if they were that inept I would assume VIking would be out of business at this point. As many complaints as there are I'm sure there are far more many happy customers. I'm pretty sure this new model replaces the previous D3 model.

Not sure who else offers a white and s/s pro style gas range at this price point. Should I stay away from the matching dishwasher and go with one that accepts a custom panel?

Any recommendations or experiences are appreciated.

Comments (2)