Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new viking 30" dual fuel range - rvdr

Posted by rockuf8 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 13:03

Looking to replace my Thermador Professional appliances (30" range and dishwasher) as I am in the process of updating my 13yr old kitchen once again. Plan is to paint my cherry cabinets in a light color with a pinstripe glaze finish. I've added additional trim to the cabinetry as well.

My Thermador dishwasher has stopped working, I've had issues with it from day one when I bought it new. 3-4 visits by a repairman haven't solved any of the issues I've experienced on and off including failure to drain after rinse cycle which causes it to continually run, resulting in 3 inches of standing water to be sucked up with a shop vac and left to dry for a few days before it begins working properly. As of 2 months ago it has stopped working altogether..

The range prg304us has been somewhat reliable, but has had a few parts replaced including a thermostat and I think the lower control panel, and now the door doesn't quite close right. The non self-cleaning oven is a drag to clean too, my wife and I are ready for an upgrade.

I'm over the full stainless steel look and really prefer the look of the white and s/s combo, especially the clean lines on the new VIking non professional line.

I haven't been able to find any reviews anywhere on this new range, probably because it's too new. Was wondering if anyone has bought one and what their thoughts are. I'm nervous about Viking as I have seen quite a bit of negativity about their ranges and dishwashers, if they were that inept I would assume VIking would be out of business at this point. As many complaints as there are I'm sure there are far more many happy customers. I'm pretty sure this new model replaces the previous D3 model.

Not sure who else offers a white and s/s pro style gas range at this price point. Should I stay away from the matching dishwasher and go with one that accepts a custom panel?

Any recommendations or experiences are appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new viking 30" dual fuel range - rvdr

Nobody has the new Viking non pro range? Or can anyone recommend other white and s/s 30" slide in ranges?

o
RE: new viking 30" dual fuel range - rvdr

After Viking was sold to it's new owners, they've made a lot of changes. They needed to. Crap quality and customer service was why they were sold in the first place. That's the new product that's the result of those changes. Who knows if they've actually had a sea change and are now producing high quality products that they are willing to stand behind? Someone is going to have to test them out as the guinea pig. However, so many people have been burned with them in the past that you're not likely to find someone who is willing to take the chance that they've actually changed.

If you do, report back. Someone has to be the first!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here