Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Separate Fridge and Freezer

Posted by kellybro (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 13:01

We are remodeling our kitchen and really would like to do a separate built in Fridge and Freezer, one on each side of our pantry. Has anyone out there done this already? We've seen a few brands that offer it, Liebherr, Frigidaire, Sub Zero, Thermador, Electrolux, and I think Kenmore. although we'd need to make sure they can have handles installed on the opposite side, one right, one left. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Separate Fridge and Freezer

How much room do you actually have to do this? It takes up almost twice the space of a traditional fridge/freezer.

o

We did this about 12 years ago and I love it. Had planned to do it in the new house, but because of an architect malfunction we didn't have room. FWIW, we have subzero units and they've been great.

HTH

o

We installed separate 24" Thermador refrigerator and freezer columns flanking our pantry, the freezer is the one on the right with the ice and water dispenser. We couldn't remove the pantry since it is partially underneath a stairway. It's worked out really well for us. Thermador also makes 18" and 30" units, right or left opening. We also looked at Liebherr which makes similar units, I think they were a little shorter.

o

I have separate units, but they are put together with a kit that makes them look like one, didn't have the room to split them.

But here is a good thread with some cool pics in it from someone on here that did that and put a walk in pantry between them.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg041336053503.html

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg041336053503.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here