Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux induction & OTR microwave selection

Posted by blynn123 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 12:40

I am replacing several kitchen appliances and am feeling overwhelmed with information! This forum has been the most useful in narrowing my selection, but I have a couple of questions.

I only have the option of an electric free standing range, and am leaning towards getting an induction range. I really like the cooktop control, but also need to balance that with a high quality oven. I don't really like the look of the Electrolux wave, but I can sacrifice looks for functionality and reliability. Does anyone have this range? And how has your experience been? (I really LOVE the look of Dacor and Viking, but don't know about reliability...which is very important.)

I also only have the option of an OTR microwave (we had an old, coil double electric stove when we moved in....you know, popular in the 70s ans 80s). Quiet is extremely important as my husband has some hearing loss that he doesn't want to accelerate. I'm looking at the LG LMVH1711ST. Again, any experience or other recommendations?

And finally I would love to replace our dishwasher...a Bosch ecosense that isn't too quiet, but isn't too noisy, but the loading configuration is horrible! It is so hard to fit bowls and off size dishes or wine glasses in the dw. I had to read the instruction book to see how to load it (no kidding!) so now I do all the loading! Agin quiet is a priority.

Budget between $10-$15K...but really just looking for high quality, highly functional and reliable.. Comments, suggestions, and feedback appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux induction & OTR microwave selection

Hi,
I just bought the Electrolux. Funny, because I DO like the look which is why I eventually picked it over the GE. If $$ were no object, I would have seriously considered the Dacor but it's easily 2k more and that was a deal breaker for me. Heard bad things about the Viking. As for the OTR micro, I have the LG now and it's not great for smells. I bought an under cabinet 440 cfm broan hood and am wondering if I should upgrade to 600 cfm. Also just bought the Bosch 800 dlx which I heard good things about and I loved my last Bosch. I don't have any of these appliances yet but I too agonized over everything and am just hoping it will all work out. This site is amazingly helpful.

o

I think 'quiet' and 'otr microwave' don't belong in the same sentence.

o

Thanks for the response clarabelled. I hope all of your appliances live up to expectations as well! I think I am going to go with the Electrolux...just can't decide about the microwave (although maybe I can look into a range hood).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here