Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blynn123

Electrolux induction & OTR microwave selection

blynn123
10 years ago

I am replacing several kitchen appliances and am feeling overwhelmed with information! This forum has been the most useful in narrowing my selection, but I have a couple of questions.

I only have the option of an electric free standing range, and am leaning towards getting an induction range. I really like the cooktop control, but also need to balance that with a high quality oven. I don't really like the look of the Electrolux wave, but I can sacrifice looks for functionality and reliability. Does anyone have this range? And how has your experience been? (I really LOVE the look of Dacor and Viking, but don't know about reliability...which is very important.)

I also only have the option of an OTR microwave (we had an old, coil double electric stove when we moved in....you know, popular in the 70s ans 80s). Quiet is extremely important as my husband has some hearing loss that he doesn't want to accelerate. I'm looking at the LG LMVH1711ST. Again, any experience or other recommendations?

And finally I would love to replace our dishwasher...a Bosch ecosense that isn't too quiet, but isn't too noisy, but the loading configuration is horrible! It is so hard to fit bowls and off size dishes or wine glasses in the dw. I had to read the instruction book to see how to load it (no kidding!) so now I do all the loading! Agin quiet is a priority.

Budget between $10-$15K...but really just looking for high quality, highly functional and reliable.. Comments, suggestions, and feedback appreciated!

Comments (3)