Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
27" Double Wall Ovens

Posted by srsshapiro (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 12:19

Please help! I am looking to replace my 8 year old Jenn-Air double convect wall ovens which have only brought me aggravation. I am looking at KitchenAid KEBS277(or279)BSS, General Electric profile PK7500SFSS, or Electrolux EW27EW65GS. I am open to suggestion on other models. I am looking at either both ovens having convection or just one. I know with convection ovens tend to be a little noisy but if it works properly, I won't mind the noise. How do they cook items when there are 2 or three items on the racks. How is the cleaning? Do items cook evenly? How long does it take to preheat? I have tried to find reviews on the items, but none are current. Its an expensive appliance and I don't want to make another mistake (case in pt, my JennAir after only 8 years). Please advise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 27" Double Wall Ovens

I have the Electrolux double ovens. I had to replace the Frigidaire double ovens in my current kitchen and am not ready for a complete redo, so I had to get ones that fit the cabinet exactly. The Electrolux were the only convection ovens that fit. I like them. They heat up quickly, the racks glide easily, and they seem to heat evenly, although I think the lower oven runs just a little hot. I really like the proofing/warming function. I don't find them particularly noisy and I'm pretty sensitive to sounds. In my previous house I had a single Thermador wall oven and I think its convection was better. However, the electronic control panel went out repeatedly & I spent almost 2k trying to repair it, to no avail. The Thermador repair service was terrible and customer service was worse. (I was in Southern California at the time.). I ended up replacing it with a Kitchen Aid and didn't like the convection at all.

When I bake a three-layer cake the layers are pretty even. Roasts come out nicely browned without drying out.

I have never used the self clean cycle on my Electrolux ovens because I'm afraid of frying the electronics. They clean up easily by hand. I love the blue interior. :-)

When I redo my kitchen, the decision about the oven(s) will most likely come down to Miele & Electrolux. One of the appliance mavens on this forum probably can tell you who actually makes what--I can't keep them straight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here