Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendye0720

I am about to have my first range/oven in over three years!!!

wendye0720
10 years ago

For over three years I have had to feed a family of 6 using a toaster oven, a crock pot and a microwave. My child was almost one and touched the outside of my range which was preheating. We did not know the outside of the range was heating up to the same temperature as the inside. Horrible experience I wish I could forget. It seems that the litigation is coming to an end so I can start living a normal life (like baking my kids cake's for birthdays or having a family holiday meal at our house). My older two remember the "good old days", but my younger two have no memory of normalcy.

I am looking for a large gas range, stainless, and am open to if it has a grill, griddle or just 6 burners. The catch is I really want to find a good deal. The range money is coming out of my child's settlement money (reimbursing us for what we spent) so I really want to spend as little as possible (would go with a smaller oven but then I would have empty space between two cabinets). Thank you for any input or suggestions on websites to search.