Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Bosch, Jenn Air speed ovens and induction cook tops?

Kari R
9 years ago

Hello all. We are in the design phase of our kitchen remodel and I spent a little time at the appliance store yesterday. Was wondering if anyone has any reviews of the Bosch 30" speed combo oven 800 series vs Benchmark series? And also the JennAir 30" micro/wall oven combo. Definitely want induction and looking at Bosch and JennAir. Probably Bosch 800 series DW. Haven't heard a whole lot about JennAir on here but the appliance guy was really pushing it. He also pointed over to the Avantium but we really didn't look at it. Would love any info anyone has on these!

Comments (3)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I can comment on Bosch induction and dishwashers in general -- I have a Bosch 500 series induction cooktop, in use for a little under a year, and I absolutely love it (induction in general and this unit in particular - I love the individual shut-off timers and use them daily). My Bosch dishwasher (paneled 800 series) has been excellent - it cleans really well and it is very quiet (ours is an open living, dining, kitchen area, and we can run the dishwasher while we're watching TV and don't even know its on unless we look at the light - most times, you can be standing right next to it and not realize its running). I don't do anything fancy, basically I load it up, hit "auto" and "start". If its been closed for awhile it does have a little bit (very little) of a funky smell, but I would imagine that's true of any machine that uses water and houses dirty dishes and is closed to air.

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

The Bosch convection microwave only has 9 speed programs. Lame. I'd look elsewhere to get more bang for the buck.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Fri, Oct 24, 14 at 20:27

• alex9179
    9 years ago

I'm an echo of sjhockeyfan.

Love everything she does with slightly different models. I have the newest 800 series 30" cooktop model NIT8066UC. I had an existing 30 amp breaker and this is the only induction that used one that low. I've used Autochef a couple of times but I'm not super impressed. It wasn't a selling point for me, though, and would say that it's a non-issue. A definite selling point is "direct select". One light touch changes the heat level instantly. Love the individual timers and use them all the time. The temp in the kitchen is dramatically cooler than when I used my old radiant. Cooking is fast, easy, cooler, and response is wonderful.

The Benchmark model has Flexinduction, but they otherwise they seem very similar. I have not had an occasion to miss that feature since we installed ours in July and I cook 1-3 meals every day. I'd rather have the entire cooktop feature it so that you don't have to keep checking if an 11-14 inch pan is relatively centered. I don't think they have to be centered, by the way. I haven't had an issue when my largest pan has been off a bit. Just another OCD thing.

We bought a Bosch DW a few years ago and it's running now so I don't know the model number. It has the cutlery rack, which my OCD adores, and a water softener that has made a big difference in the look of our glassware. It's undetectable unless there is no other noise. Conversation, TV, music all drown it out. It cleans almost everything but I've had a few instances of stuck-on food. That's definitely the exception. Plastics do not completely dry but we don't have a lot of that. I just put those on a drying mat for a while. You do need a Jet-dry type of product for complete drying of the other items. I like that I can use 1/2 a Finish tab or just a couple of tsps of detergent for clean dishes. Oatmeal and some cereal dry like concrete on my bowls, so I insist that they get a soak while in the sink after breakfast. That's the only thing I've found gives the DW trouble.
    I will say that the SS finish, which was my only choice on this model, is a pain to keep from showing drip marks/fingerprints. I hate to say this, but WD40 is the only thing that I've found to keep it looking nice for more than a day...and I've tried ALL of the suggestions on GW. Go for panel-ready or another finish. Good thing I'm not OCD about the front looking perfect all the time!