Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msbrandywinevalley

Any reports on the Brew Express BEC 110 Coffee Maker?

msbrandywinevalley
10 years ago

I'm a longtime fan of the Technivorm Moccamaster, but I'm (sadly) considering giving it up because of a logistical challenge I'm facing with a new kitchen remodeling project. The challenge is, there's nowhere for me to keep a coffee maker where I'll be able to conveniently fill it with water without moving it. So I've been looking around at coffee makers that have an automatic filling feature. I'll easily be able to connect a water line.

I've seen a few built-in and commercial models -- all with pretty large price tags. Then I came across the Brew Express BEC-110 BS ( http://www.amazon.com/Brew-Express-BEC-110BS-Countertop-Stainless/dp/B00BOVQB7U/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382283593&sr=1-1&keywords=brew+express) and I'd like to know more about it. I know it brews coffee at the temperature recommended by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. But I have NO idea how good the coffee is (assuming I'm using freshly roasted, freshly ground, good quality coffee), whether the basket design is an efficient one (it's a flat-bottom basket), if the thermal carafe really holds the coffee hot for a long time, if the spray head really wets all of the ground coffee, etc.

Does anyone know anything about this coffee maker that will help me make a decision? Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals