Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
u084708

Questions about Bertazzoni Gas Rangetops

u084708
9 years ago

My wife and I are planning a home to be built next year and of course the kitchen appliance selection is critical. We're planning on a large kitchen, and right now considering a 36 or 48" gas rangetop and electric wall ovens. For the rangetop, I like the Wolf and Bertazzoni so far. However, the Bertazzoni website is far from clear on the fuel question. Our property is a bit out in the country (NW Michigan) and we have propane gas (LPG) and electric at the site. I assume that the Bertazzoni rangetops will accept LPG or natural gas, but I wanted to check with the GardenWeb crowd to see what the experience was here.

A second question concerns the size of the rangetop, 36 or 48". It's only my wife and I, though we like to entertain. I've never used more than 4 burners at any time, so would the six burners + griddle on the 48" rangetops be a waste? It seems so, but having the griddle there is tempting. With the 36" rangetop, I'd prefer to keep all 6 burners and just use a two-burner pan when needed. All opinions appreciated!

Kent in Michigan

Comments (2)