Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Profile vs Monogram Induction

Posted by mwytky (emelynscott@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 11:29

I have a question. There is a significant difference in price between the GE Profile 36 inch induction cooktop and the GE Monogram 36 inch induction cooktop. Aside from some aesthetic differences, the one difference I see when I use the compare feature on the website is that the Profile says "Pan Presence Sensor-shuts the element off when not in use" and the Monogram says "Pan Size Sensor-adjusts the heating element size to the size of the pan".

My question is: Don't all induction cooktops "adjust the heating element size to the size of the pan"...just by virtue of it's operating principle?

Before anyone tries to steer me away from GE, ...that's the brand that we must go with because my husband works for GE Healthcare so he prefers to support the company that supports us....not to mention competitive pricing.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance. Much appreciated! There is so much knowledge here, I've been reading and learning at this site for many years :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Profile vs Monogram Induction

Which model did you end up choosing and what are your thoughts on it so far? I'm planning my kitchen renovation and am deciding between the GE Monogram induction cooktop and a similar Electrolux Icon model. After reading your post, I'm doing some research on the Profile now, too.

Any input or opinions you have would be much appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here