Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottonpenny_gw

Beverage/wine fridge? Drawers?

cottonpenny
11 years ago

We just moved in to our new kitchen and love it so far.

We have a little bar area/butler's pantry between the kitchen and dining room that we left unfinished due to accumulating costs. Well, DH has announced he wants to have a Christmas party and wants it finished by then.

So I just ordered my Craft Art walnut top for that area. Will start thinking about the backsplash.

Need something to fill the 24" space between the cabinets designed for a beverage/wine fridge. Though we haven't come close to running out of space in our 36" built-in bottom freezer main fridge yet, I was sort of envisioning this as a secondary fridge for extra storage at parties, etc., rather than just wine. We do drink wine, but tend to buy high quality box wine since it lasts longer so those little wood shelves with the slats wouldn't be much use.

We don't typically store non-perishable beverages in the fridge, like cans or bottles. But maybe we'd do this if we had extra space or if we have a party.

I want quiet - my 42 dB DW is pretty noticeable when it's running IMO since my house is surrounded by woods and has a lot of hard flooring, to give you an idea of my sensitivity.

I'm tempted by the Elux or KA drawers, but $$$. A lot of the beverage fridges seen to have a weird configuration. Is there something else I should look for?

Comment (1)