Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beverage/wine fridge? Drawers?

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 10:51

We just moved in to our new kitchen and love it so far.

We have a little bar area/butler's pantry between the kitchen and dining room that we left unfinished due to accumulating costs. Well, DH has announced he wants to have a Christmas party and wants it finished by then.

So I just ordered my Craft Art walnut top for that area. Will start thinking about the backsplash.

Need something to fill the 24" space between the cabinets designed for a beverage/wine fridge. Though we haven't come close to running out of space in our 36" built-in bottom freezer main fridge yet, I was sort of envisioning this as a secondary fridge for extra storage at parties, etc., rather than just wine. We do drink wine, but tend to buy high quality box wine since it lasts longer so those little wood shelves with the slats wouldn't be much use.

We don't typically store non-perishable beverages in the fridge, like cans or bottles. But maybe we'd do this if we had extra space or if we have a party.

I want quiet - my 42 dB DW is pretty noticeable when it's running IMO since my house is surrounded by woods and has a lot of hard flooring, to give you an idea of my sensitivity.

I'm tempted by the Elux or KA drawers, but $$$. A lot of the beverage fridges seen to have a weird configuration. Is there something else I should look for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beverage/wine fridge? Drawers?

I love my elux drawers. It is perfect for entertaining-keeps the traffic out of the kitchen/food prep area--but until the company comes, you can keep all the extra produce that you need for the party. We don't drink fancy wines and I'd go stark raving nuts if I had to chill reds to a particular temp and whites also

I love the elux drawers and they were the big splurge-costing abt. $2k. My regular fridge was about $1500 and I am perfectly happy with it.

Drawers are great for kids' stuff, too. Lunches, yogurts, fruits, treats,-if you want your kids to get their own stuff, it's easy. I probably didn't want my kids, at young ages, to get their own stuff.

It keeps dh's cokes chilled and now they don't take up room in the main fridge-and he's not in my way. People always get in my way when they want something out of the fridge but not in the drawers.

Elux advertises it as 6 cubic feet. It is roomy, very.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here